Our ECO-furnace system is not just a melting furnace.
It is a promise made up of top quality engineering, years of in-depth industry experience and outstanding service at the most affordable prices.
With our stack or shaft melter, aluminum ingots and/or scrap are loaded into the top stack of the melter.
Fuel-fired burners, firing up through the charge, serve to both melt the material lower in the stack and heat the higher material.
As the melted aluminum flows from the melt chamber to the hold chamber, the preheated metal drops lower and is itself melted.
New material is added to the top of the stack.
Automatic metal transfer wells are available for ladle filling.
The furnace waste gases are used to preheat the scrap as it is introduced into the furnace to lower the fuel consumption.
Also the waste gases are preheating the air for the burners which reduces even more the energy consumption.
Energy recuperation was the first target when we developped the melting furnace.
High thermal performance.
High production in small spaces.
Fully automated loading and self-operational (optional).
Minimum worker involvement.
Minimal oxidation losses.
Premium-quality clean metal obtained.
A smelter (stack or shaft melter) is a furnace for melting aluminium or aluminium alloy ingots or medium size scrap.
It is used both in foundries and in plants for recovering secondary aluminium.
It can be added to an existing plant to increase melting capacity or be placed immediatly beside the casting machine.
Flue loading aluminium melting furnaces make optimal use of heat from fumes, and loads descend evenly to the high-temperature zone.
By using systems with a stock of baskets or stacks, and sometimes return of empty baskets, it requires minimum worker involvement for loading.
- Improve safety due to limited exposure to molten metal and pre-heating of the charge material. Simple and safe operation during charging and tapping
- Floor space reduced due to 2.5x holding capacity versus 10x
- High thermal efficiency and low energy consumption per ton of molten metal
- Lowered holding costs caused by 2.5x holding capacity versus 10x in a reverb
- CO2 emissions lowered (less gas burned = less CO2)
- Lower melt loss (<1% vs. 3-8%) due to lower oxidation (dross forming)
- Improved process control and resulting metal quality caused by only a +/- 6 °C holding temperature variation versus large swings each time a cold charge is placed into the hot bath
- Improved process control and resulting metal quality due to reduced gas levels created by more stable temperatures and reduced burner fluctuation and reduced surface area within the bath
- Faster melting due to 3 times higher thermal heat absorption of solid aluminium compared to liquid aluminium.
- Reduced manpower requirements with automated charging systems vs. manual charging exposing operators to metal splash.
- High metal quality, i.e. low gas pick-up and low non-metallic contamination of the melt
- Low maintenance requirements and long service life of the refractory lining
- High temperature uniformity of the melt ready for tapping
- Easy accessibility of the furnace interior. This contributes to minimized metal loss during dross removal and facilitates cleaning of the furnace (removal of build-ups on the refractory lining)
- High degree of automation, e.g. installation of an automatic charging system, automatic burner control system as well as bath temperature control and temperature and weighting monitoring systems
- Compliance with environmental and safety regulations, specifically concerning noise emissions, exhaust gas emissions and pollutant concentrations at the work place
Our furnace casings are designed to hold up for many years of continuous industrial operation. They are constructed of top quality steel plate and structural tubing reinforced with high integrity welding.
Since furnace service life is so dependent on proper refractory selection and installation, we have spent many creative hours with some of the foremost ceramic engineering companies in the world to offer furnace refractory applications that last.
We design our burner systems to be dependable, efficient and easy for maintenance crews to troubleshoot if problems arise. Conventional or regenerative burner systems are available.
|Melting capacity||(KG / H)||100||150||200||250||350||500|
|Melting burner||(Kcal / h)||120 000||120 000||150 000||200 000||200 000||300 000|
|Holding burner||(Kcal / h)||120 000||120 000||150 000||200 000||200 000||300 000|
|measurement points PID-OFF interlock control||3||3||3||3||3||3|
|Gas flow rate||(m 3 / H)||30||30||30||40||50||60|
|Compressed air pressure||(Mpa)||0.5||0.5||0.5||0.5||0.5||0.5|
|Molten Aluminum Temperature Accuracy||± 5 ℃||± 5 ℃||± 5 ℃||± 5 ℃||± 5 ℃||± 5 ℃|
|Aluminum material burning rate||<1.5%||<1.5%||<1.5%||<1.5%||<1.5%||<1.5%|
|Furnace Model||Ladling mouth size (LWH)||Ladling Height||Suitable for diecast machines of|
|100/500||320 * 320 * 300mm||Custom made||150 - 500T|
|150/500||380 * 380 * 360mm||Custom made||300 - 650T|
|200/600||420 * 420 * 400mm||Custom made||400 - 900T|
|250/900||480 * 480 * 430mm||Custom made||650 - 1000T|
|350/1050||550 * 550 * 450mm||Custom made||800 - 1000+T|
|500/1500||600 * 600 * 520mm||Custom made||1600 - 4000+T|